Join us May 20th, 2017 Summer Kickoff Cow Chip Bingo and BBQ - Join us on May 20th, 2017 @ 12pm-3pm for our 1st annual Cow Chip Bingo and... [ read more ]

Coach Miller comes back to lead the Coyotes! - Coach Travis Miller was named the Football Head Coach to replace Jesse... [ read more ]

2nd Annual Combs Football Golf Tournament - Book your tee time now for this year golf tournament. Where: Encanterra... [ read more ]

2016 Schedule is released - 2016 Combs Coyotes Football schedule was released. Please plan to make it... [ read more ]

Division and Region realignment for Combs - On Monday, December 7th, the AIA and the Board finalized the regions and... [ read more ]

2015 Combs Coyotes Highlight Reel Available Now! - Be able to remember this season forever with this video off all your... [ read more ]

Join us on May 20th, 2017 @ 12pm-3pm for our 1st annual Cow Chip Bingo and BBQ event. We will have Water slides, a DJ and entertainment, Food Trucks, and more. With each square you buy at the beginning you have the opportunity to win $250, $500, and the Grand Prize of $1000. Best part is you do not need to be present to win. Buy your tickets now as they are limited. We will be cooking Hot Dogs and Hamburgers with Chips and a drink. You may also buy extra meals at a discounted rate to feed the whole family.

Go To:

http://combscoyotesfootball.com/store/products/summer-kick-off-cow-chip-bingo-and-bbq/

Coach Travis Miller was named the Football Head Coach to replace Jesse Hart. Coach Miller was the offensive coordinator up until Dec. 2015, when he resigned to pursue another opportunity. Coach Miller will bring his offensive mind back to the Coyotes who finished 2-8 last year and missed the playoffs for the first time in a few years.

Call to Order:  6:26 PM

Attendees: Chris Shaw, Jennifer Loggins, James Loggins,  Jimmecka Henry, Jim Hargrave, Clara Bushell

Financials

Jimmecka said that we have close to $15k in the account(we still need to pay card guy for cards)

President’s Address

Uniforms

Chris will e-mail and see if there is date as to when they need the other ½ of the jersey payment

Jimmecka will follow-up with Chevaun and see if the jersey money was pulled from our card already

Golf Tournament

Golf Tourney signups and sponsorship opportunities are up and running on the website and people can start signing up now. Clara has a flyer that can be passed out( we approved her getting 50 copies).  Firehouse subs sponsored the golf tourney. Chris is also wtng for Travis to send his funds for title sponsor

Clara will get with Travis to draw up Ins. Policy for the car that we will have at golf tourney

We are still in need of players and sponsors

Jimmecka will also contact Chevaun to get the paypal money moved over to our football account

Team Pics and BBQ

We have team pictures for all 3 levels on Friday 8/19 at 3pm. We will have a 2016 Season Kickoff BBQ with all the players, cheer and Administration.

Miscellaneous

Helmet decals are ordered and received

Chris motioned to get Yard Signs approved. mock-up is approved.James motioned to approve, Clara 2nd

Clara wants to set-up a scholarship to help kids pay for camp( we will discuss at future meetings)

We need a high powered camera or someone with a high powered camera to take senior pics for Senior Night Banners( Jennifer will tlk to Stacy about doing this)

Moon Valley Nursery is donating $1k to schools, website is out there and asking people to vote for Combs

Adjourn: 7:12pm( Chris Motion, James 2nd)

Call to Order:  6:08 PM

Attendees: Coach Hart, Chris Shaw, Brooke Shaw, Clara Bushelle, Jennifer Loggins, James Loggins Aaron Henry III, Jimmecka Henry, Brooke Shaw, Jorgi Anderson

Financials

Per Jorgi we have $4124 in our account

President’s Address

Jennifer proposed placing a cap on our 501C3 General Boosters donation. We discussed and voted to place our cap at $500(Jennifer-Motion, Jorgi-2nd) all approved. Jen will discuss this with Stacy and she will take this back to General Boosters

Uniforms

Initial order was placed and we paid the 50% down($3800). We have to pay the final payment atleast 4 weeks before the first game to have the uniforms here in time

Golf Tournament

Golf Tourney signups and sponsorship opportunities are up and running on the website and people can start signing up now. Chris is going to work with Jorgi to get a flyer for the tourney so he can start sending it out

Spring Fundraiser

Little Ceasars Pizza Kits will be the Spring Fundraiser (it was approved). Sale dates will be from  May 2, 2016-May 10th-2016, delivery by the 17th. We are hoping to make $2-3k. Goal is for each player to sell 5 kits.

Goal structure- 5 kits earns a shirt & raffle ticket , for every 5 kits they sell after that they earn an additional raffle ticket)

Prizes( $100, $50,$25) all donated by the Aaron and Jimmecka Henry

Sponsorship Opportunity

James is still waiting for an answer from the School in regards to the Scoreboard Sponsorship. Mr. Denton has gotten approval from the district, but he is waiting for a few questions to be answered before he makes the final decision.

Bus and Camp Info

James is going to get quotes for Bus Ride to camp and also quotes for Camp Uniforms( we have one quote for $2100 for bus already)

Car Washes

Car Wash for Freshmen will be 6/4,

JV/Varsity..one on 6/18 and the other on 7/9

Summer T-Shirts

We are going with White T-Shirts and Red Print(120) James and Jorgi will get quotes

Card Sales in Fall

We are going with the same company (Also the boys need to sell atleast 5 cards each to be eligible for meals during the season)

Gatorade for season

Ann will get Jorgi invoice and we will pay(Cost is $580)

Helmet Decals

James will order decals in June and we will go with the same order and style as last year

Powderpuff Game

Wednesday May 11th, ( 20 girls are signed up and 4 Senior Football Players are coaches), Football booster will open the concession and sell products

Football Programs

Mr. Taylor will handle programs for the 2016-2017 season. We will sell at concessions and in the stands

Miscellaneous

We will look at getting plain shirts to sell next year with just logo on front

We also discussed VIP seating(Brooke Shaw) will manage this for next year

Call to Order:  6:08 PM

Attendees: Chris Shaw, Jennifer Loggins, James Loggins Aaron Henry III, Jimmecka Henry, Brooke Shaw, Jorgi Anderson

Financials

Jorgi received the ledger from Chevaun and we currently have $5511.44 in our account

President’s Address

Jennifer proposed placing a cap on our 501C3 General Boosters donation. We discussed and voted to place our cap at $500(Jennifer-Motion, Jorgi-2nd) all approved. Jen will discuss this with Stacy and she will take this back to General Boosters

Uniforms

James and Chris brought forth their uniform proposals and presented them to the Group

Chris-Forza Athletics- $7600 (2 sets)

Cannot offer us any camp uniforms because of the offer that is currently on the table of buy 1 set, get 1 free. He did offer more flexibility on payment. We can do 50% down($3800) by March 31st, and that would lock us into the promo. We would then have until July to pay the remaining balance($3800), and we would still have the uniforms for Opening Night.

James- Garb Athletics- $6020(1 set)

They will give throw in a set of 50 Performance Shirts and Shorts, with our logo screen printed on the shirts(Camp gear cost us $1830 last year). They need $2000 down and would need something in writing with a specific date to pay the remaining balance whether it be in September or etc., which would be $4020.

There was more info necessary to make a decision and the group tabeled the vote to Tuesday via e-mail( there was an e-mail vote and Forza Athletics won 7 votes to 3) we have decided to move forward( Chris and Coach Hart will handle the expediting this). There will also be a donation of $2000 from the Football Club account towards the uniforms

Golf Tournament

Chris changed the golf tourney format this year. We will just do the round of golf and the lunch, no dinner. We decided that the best date to do the tourney would be 9/24(approved). We have space for 72 players and we need Hole Sponsors and players that want to play (Fee is $75). We will hand out raffle tickets during the check-in and draw as players are playing and give out prizes at the end. He submitted all information to Mr. Schreel for fliers. We also have tiered levels of sponsorship again this year( from $100-$1000).

Sponsorship Opportunity

James is still waiting for an answer from the School in regards to the Scoreboard Sponsorship. (Mr. Denton is waiting for an answer from legal). Also Mr. Denton was fine with VIP seating in the stands(boosters would have to be in charge of this) We decided to bring up to the parents at the parent meeting before we would move forward with this.

Spring Fundraiser

Little Ceasars Pizza Kits will be the Spring Fundraiser(it was approved). Sale dates will be from  May 2, 2016-May 10th-2016, delivery by the 20th.

Adjourn: 7:47pm( Jorgi Motion, Aaron approved)

Book your tee time now for this year golf tournament.

Where: Encanterra Country Club

When: September 24th, 2016 At 11:00 am.

Cost: $75.00 includes Lunch, Golf, Practice Balls, and Golf Cart

Go to the Coyotes Team Shop to book tee time and Sponsorships

Call to Order:  6:10 PM

Attendees: Chris Shaw, Jennifer Loggins, James Loggins, Jim Hargrave, Clara Bushell, Coach Hart, Aaron Henry III, Jimmecka Henry, Melinda Cardon

Financials

Jorgi sent the ledger and we currently have $5773.23 in our account(She has accounted for $5360- Summer costs from last year) so we have a balance of $413.23 after those costs are accounted for

President’s Address

General Booster meeting would like each club to try to promote the BowlAoke event that is held in March, they would like each club to sell 10 tickets to this event( also donate basket and receive 100% of the funds if they want)

Also any e-mails to administration or anything that involves Football Boosters need to include Coach Hart and Jennifer on the e-mails so they are in the loop of anything Football Boosters might be doing

Also CowChip Bingo/BBQ was discussed..Possible Date and time would be 8/19/16 from 6:30-8:30pm, we would sell tickets for food plates and this would enter people in raffle( we need to find out of Pop Warner is there, we also need to find out if we can used the fields)..we tabled this for now until we can get full logistics worked out

Uniforms

Chris , Jennifer and Coach Hart met with the Eastbay Rep and he was able to provide different pricing for Nike, Adidas & Under Armour uniform prices(Range from $6k-$9k for just 1 set of uniforms)

Chris also received proposal from the Uniform Store for the Forza Athletics Brand( They can do buy 1 get 1 for $9100, This would get us Home & Away Jerseys and Pants) we were leery about the quality so we voted and approved for Chris to order a Mock-Up Jersey($76, Clara Motioned, Chris 2nd, All approved) if we feel the quality is appropriate we may move forward with them as they have the best prices.

Football Camp

We discussed doing an all Ages Football Skills Camp for $30(participants get shirt) per athlete and it would be open to athletes ages 6-14, this would be something that we would do in the summer. Coach Hart wants to discuss this further as we would need full help from the athletic program.

Golf Tournament

Chris is going to change the golf tourney format this year. We will just do the round of golf and the lunch, no dinner. We decided that the best date to do the tourney would be 9/24(Clara Motioned, Chris 2nd, all approved. We have space for 72 players and we need Hole Sponsors and players that want to play (Fee is $100). We will hand out raffle tickets during the check-in and draw as players are playing and give out prizes at the end.

Sponsorship Opportunity

James is meeting with Mr. Denton to discuss a partnership with a company that obtains sponsors and there signs would just need to be attached to the scoreboard. This is not approved and will be presented by James, Chris and Jennifer on 2/5/16 to Mr. Denton. If approved then we will move forward.

Spring Fundraiser

We discussed selling any items that are pre-sell items. We do not want to have to purchase anything in advance and then try to sell it. The best idea was Little Ceasars Pizza Packs(they range in price from $10-20,and we would get $5 back from each kit) the Henry’s did this in Detroit and they said that they always did very well. Jimmecka is going to get us more info and we will discuss at the next meeting and if it looks profitable we will move forward with it.

We also discussed having Buddy’s Pizza Night, Little Ceasars Night and Subway nights to help raise some money

Clara mentioned having priority seating at the games,($5 per game costs) and these seats would be reserved, Chris mentioned that Chandler does this as a fundraiser. We would need to get administration approval and we will run this by Mr. Denton. The drawback is that someone would need to monitor this area.

Spring and Summer Calendar

Car Washes June 4th and July 14th( Locations TBD) time is 8am-12pm

Card Sales run from June 27th-July 22nd(we will be first school selling them)

Tentative Summer Football Camp Dates- July 17th- July 22nd( Show Low High School) (Cost $200)

Football Parent Meeting- 5/3/16 & 8/2/16

Helmet Decal Night- 8/18/16

Coach Hart gave all the Calendar Dates

Freshman Football Start Date: 5/31/16

JV & Varsity Football Start Date: 5/2/16 (Spring Fundraiser start date as well)

All Dates and Calendars will be handed out at the Parent Meetings, also all 3 levels schedules are done and finalized

James will get with Sportdecals to get the helmet decals, DK Stickers, Pride Stickers & Number Stickers ordered (Coach Hart will check inventory on stickers and he and James will put together number of stickers that need to be ordered)

Clara Bushell, Aaron Henry III , Jimmecka Henry all paid their dues at this meeting

Adjourn: 7:46pm

2016 Combs Coyotes Football schedule was released. Please plan to make it to all Combs Football Games

8-26-16 Casa Grande vs. Combs

9-2-16 Combs @ Prescott

9-9-16 Bradshaw Mountain vs. Combs

9-16-16 Seton Catholic vs. Combs

9-23-16 Combs @ Tempe

9-30-16 Combs @ Dysart*

10-7-16 Combs @ Cortez *

10-14-16 Coronado vs. Combs*

10-21-16 Washington vs. Combs*

10-28-16 Combs @ Apache Junction*

* Denotes Section Game

 

On Monday, December 7th, the AIA and the Board finalized the regions and divisions for the next 2 years. Amongst the appeals for regional placement was our own Combs High School. Originally put into Division 4A (AIA changed to 6A being top division)  and the Desert Sky Region. Combs would have to face Higley, Seton Catholic, Casa Grande, Tempe, and Marcos de Niza. After hearing our appeal, we were able to switch regions to the Black Canyon Region. Some new teams that we have never faced and some old that we have played yearly. Regardless we will be up for the Challenge.

Black Canyon Region opponents in Division 4A for the next 2 years:

Cortez

Coronado

Dysart

Washington

Apache Junction

 

Call to Order:  6:04 PM

Attendees: Chris Shaw, Jennifer Loggins, James Loggins

Clara Bushell

Financials(Jorgi Anderson)- Jorgi e-mailed the breakdown of financials and we reviewed them

Polarfest 2015

Chris, Brooke and Jorgi are going to work the booth this year.  We are going to sell donuts  & bratwursts and apparel that was left from the season. We are also going to do Soda Ring Toss.

Chris asked for approval of $33 to purchase the donuts (We all voted and approved)

Chris asked for $30-35 to purchase a Combs Football Banner that we can display at all functions we participate in(We all voted and approved)

Coach Hart e-mailed about the AZFCA/ACA Fees, We are going to wait and see what the fees are then Jorgi will get approval to pay them(They were $350 last year)

James was contacted by Genna Johnson Event Coordinator Survivor Mud Run , she was asking if we had 25-35 people who wanted to volunteer on 3/12/16 for their event at ET Motopark from 7am-2pm, and they would donate $500 to our organization. We discussed this as a group and we need to verify when Spring Break is. We will get with Coach Hart and see if he wants to spearhead this event and get volunteers signed up

Jen, James & Chris discussed having a 7th and 8th grade Football Camp in the summer and also possibly looking into some type of Spring & Summer weightlifting program similar to other high schools in the area

Chris and James will talk to Coach Hart about how much contact high school can have with 7th & 8th grade players per AIA bylaws

Jen said that we need to have our $5 dues into Stacy ASAP for all Executive Members and voting members who want to vote(she mentioned bringing the fees to the School Booster meeting on 12/14)

Adjourn: 7:05pm